Thursday, March 17, 2011

Finding the Humor

I feel better today than I did yesterday. I slept better last night so that has to help. It still seems crazy to move ourselves halfway around the world but I don't feel like crying every time we go out of the hotel. I'm adjusting to the bustle and mess. I'm trying to be entertained by the cultural differences and marginal English. For instance:

--We saw an ad on a taxi that offered "in hose training" for programmers.

--Our hotel room has a fruit menu with funny descriptions of fruits you can order. "Grapes are low on saturated fat and contain anti ageing properties. 92 gms of grapes gives 62 calories."

--An apartment complex offered a "saloon" where ladies could have their hair done.

I have a few hours to kill while Matt works this afternoon. I might get a massage since our hotel offers a number of choices, including "Indian head massage" and "special for the programmer's back." Or maybe I'll just order some kiwi from the fruit menu because it is known as the Chinese gooseberry and helps to repair damaged DNA. I wonder how many calories it gives?

No comments:

Post a Comment